Here’s my advice to you:
Make these nuts immediately because they are ridiculously easy and so, SO good, but have a plan for them.
Either gift them, or make them for your Christmas party. Or have someone hide them from you. Don’t just make them with no intention of other people eating them. Because they are insanely delicious and addictive, and once you sample them…well, good luck stopping. Sweet and smoky, perfectly crunchy and salty with a tiny hit of spice…totally dangerous. Did I mention they take just 5 minutes to whip up? The batch I just made is looking at me from the kitchen, and I doubt I’ll be able to resist them for much longer.
But if you’re hosting a Holiday party, or going to one, these make for an excellent little homebaked treat. Wrap them up in a jar with some red ribbon and you have a great hostess gift, or put them out for your guests during cocktail hour – either way people will love it.
These roasted nuts are made without any oil or butter, too, which is totally a bonus! The egg whites give them crunch without the added fat, and the maple syrup adds sweetness without refined sugar.
Be sure to pin this recipe, and let me know if you make them! xo Leslie
2. Combine nuts in a large mixing bowl. Add the cinnamon, cumin, chipotle chili pepper and salt; stir to combine.
3. Add the maple syrup and egg whites and stir until incorporated.
4. Pour nuts onto cookie sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, then give them a stir. Continue baking for 10-15 additional minutes.
5. Remove from oven and stir. Let cool on sheet. Break apart if necessary.
6. Nuts can be stored in an airtight container for several weeks.
* 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp Cumin
* 1/4 tsp Salt
* 1/4 tsp Chipotle Chili Pepper
* 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
* 2 Large Egg Whites