Pairing gourmet popcorn and wine is my new thing. Cinnamon sugar, salt and brown butter popcorn paired with a simple and showstopping Frosé is the perfect combination of sweet and buttery with fruity and refreshing. The best part is there are endless combinations of flavours for homemade gourmet popcorn; some of the pairings I’m going to try next are chili and lime zest popcorn with a Prosecco or Riesling (spicy popcorn will pair well with sweeter wine); and rosemary truffle popcorn with a Pinot Noir (herby popcorn and earthy wine is a flavour win).
This is the perfect snack for a night with your girls! I love how it’s a simple idea (popcorn and wine) that whips up super fast, and it’s easily made special with the addition of colorful cocktail napkins, paper cones (for servings of popcorn), flowers, and taking the wine to the next level by freezing some Rosé and blending it up with some other delicious ingredients – click here for my recipe for Frosé we’ll be drinking all summer long!
This recipe has the warm comfort of cinnamon toast with the depth of flavour that browning the butter adds…in crunchy popcorn form! It is COMPLETELY addictive. And when it’s paired with a rosé strawberry slushie??? COME ON!! Grab the ingredients and get this ready for your next Bachelorette viewing party.
Serving tip: put out mini bowls, ramekins, or small paper cones (pictured) and a scoop or tongs and let everyone help themselves to a serving. It will keep people mingling instead of hovering around the bowl – and trust me, it’s hard to tear yourself away.
You can use microwave popcorn – 2 bags will do it. Or you can use 1/2 Cup of kernels and pop it yourself on the stove top using this great recipe from Cookie + Kate, a great blog I read all the time.
At the top of your Girls Night In menu!
- 16 Cups of plain Popped Popcorn, see note at end of post
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Unsalted Butter
- Large pinch of Salt
- Add your popped popcorn to a large bowl. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl the pan occasionally until the butter melts, then bubbles, then foams and turns brown and fragrant.
- Pour the browned butter over the popcorn and toss to coat, then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar and salt and toss again. Enjoy with a glass of Frosé!